I started looking electives to my degree and I saw European summer school option in last spring. Then I found course Online Marketing in Prague in Czech which was 2 weeks face-to-face course.When I found Online Marketing course in Prague, it was the best options which could fit for me. Topic, time, and location were great. Application to the course was easy because it happened online. Accommodation option came from Summer European summer school, and it was Botič Student House in Prague. It was normal student house for semesters, but in summer time there is a lot
of free space available.
Studying in school was great and there were many good lectures. In my course we got different lecturers which was nice experience. Every students had to have own computer that practicing was possible. Otherwise support and material came from course and there was a lot of concrete examples what we did. English language of course was understandable. I would recommend this course students who wants to develop their marketing skills.
After lectures and in the evenings, there was a lot of different opportunities to join different
activities. Summer school offered advised activities for the evenings.
I would say course gave me good experience to my academic and personal side. It was nice to
understand online marketing important for the future and also get some basic how you can
develop it by self.
In personal side, I got many friends and contacts around the world from this 2 week.
Die Mendel Universität besitzt ein eigenes Wohnheim, in dem man sich ganz unkompliziert über eine Plattform ein Zimmer buchen kann. Es gibt verschiedene Wohnheime, von überall aus ist die Innenstadt und Universität sehr einfach zu erreichen. …
Die Einschreibung in Kurse und Lehrveranstaltungen verlief ebenfalls ohne Komplikationen. Ich habe für 2 Stunden einen Tschechisch-Kurs der Universität belegt – war leider, um die Sprache richtig zu lernen, etwas zu wenig.-Ich besuchte Vorlesungen der Fakultät Forstwirtschaft. Am Anfang des Semesters haben viele verschiedene, sehr interessante Exkursionen in die umliegenden Wälder der Universität stattgefunden. Wirklich sehr zu empfehlen. …
Brno ist die zweitgrößten Stadt in Tschechien. Die lebendige Studentenstadt hat unzählige Bars, bei der Keine der anderen gleicht. 90% dieser Bars sollen unterirdisch sein und sind erst bei genauerem Hinschauen zu entdecken 😉 Auch in Sachen Kultur kann die Stadt Einiges bieten, es gibt viele große Theater, Kulturkinos sowie Amateur-Theater, welche oft auch in Englisch gespielt werden.
Ich würde mein Erasmus-Semester auf jeden Fall wiederholen.
Preparation: Searching of universities and programmes abroad
- I found the programmme on the summerschoolsineurope.com website. This programme fulfilled my criteria best. Interesting course program, good location in an international city and a good aftercourse programme.
- Planning, application process and coordination at the host university
- First step was a pre-request for a scholarship. Second was the application for the programme on the website of the Prague summer school. Third booking of the course the actual request for the scholarship.
Programme: At the arrival day there was a come together at the accommodation place with a personal introduction round. All necessary information’s were provided. The organisation was in general well thought through.
- I choose the project management course which was a course on introduction level. The learning environment was good and there was always assistance available when needed.
- The course level was well balanced, and the teacher was native speaker with good teaching skills. I would overall recommend the program for future participants as it was a very good experience.
- There was almost every day after work activities offered with two local guides who organised all the activities. They put a lot of effort in the organisation which was very appreciated by the participants.
- There were for example a beach volleyball activity, a pub crawl, a karaoke night, a movie night, and several other activities. The activities were very appreciated by the participants.
- Despite there were a lot of organised activities, there was also enough spare time beside the studying and course times.
- A must see is in Prague is the well-preserved city centre. Prague is famous for its night live with pubs and discotheques, also the river side with bars and party boots is recommended.
Some of the course contents can surely be transferred to my future working life, as in engineering the work is lot of times organised in projects. One of the best things I will remember is the contact to an international group from almost thirty different countries. It has been a very good atmosphere in the course and during the leisure activities. It was a very nice experience with a lot of fun and very interesting to get to know a lot of different cultures.„
Download Report: Report_Prague Summer Schools
„I enjoyed this semester so much, where I met many people (international students) from other countries. The location of TH Rosenheim is so useful. We made lots of trips to the mountains, also to the beautiful cities around. I recommend everyone to go for an ERASMUS semester at TH Rosenheim. It is a very nice experience.“
Agata Zywczokova from Czech Republic